You might want to print this out in order to take the test
correctly - otherwise write down your answers on a separate
piece of paper.
Instructions: Below are 18 values
listed in alphabetical order. Your task is to arrange them
in order of their importance to YOU as guiding principles
in YOUR life.
Study the list carefully and pick out the one value which
is the most important for you. Write #1 in the blank.
Then pick out the value which is second
most important for you. Write #2 in the blank. Then do the
same for each of the remaining values. The value which is
least important will be #18.
Work slowly and think carefully. If you
change your mind, feel free to change your answers. The end
result should truly show how you feel.
1. A comfortable life (a prosperous
2. An exciting life (a stimulating, active
3. A sense of accomplishment (lasting
4. A world at peace (free of war and conflict)
5. world of beauty (beauty of nature and
6. Equality (brotherhood, equal opportunity
7. Family security (taking care of loved
8. Freedom (independence, free choice)
9. Happiness (contentedness)
10. Inner harmony (freedom from inner
11. Mature love (sexual and spiritual
12. National security (protection from
13. Pleasure (an enjoyable, leisurely
14. Salvation (saved, eternal life)
15. Self-respect (self-esteem)
16. Social recognition (respect, admiration)
17. True friendship (close companionship)
18. Wisdom (a mature understanding of