AP SENIOR SEMINAR
CONNECTING LOG SCORING GUIDELINES
The logs will be scored holistically, based on both the quality of thought and the quality of the writing.
3 * looks at the subject matter on multiple levels: literally, concretely, using
illustrations from the real world, as well as theoretically, conceptually,
deriving its larger significance.
* uses examples from the activity and readings to support the analysis.
* shows sophistication of written expression.
2 * makes some connections between the real world and larger concepts, but does
not show the same breadth or complexity of thought.
* may use examples from the activity and readings, but does so superficially, or
* is adequately written, but may show inconsistent control over the elements of
1 * attempts to discuss the activity and readings, but does so inaccurately or
* uses few, if any, examples.
* writing may reveal consistent weaknesses in grammar or the basic elements
0 * does not attempt to do the assignment in any meaningful way.
ADDITIONAL CONNECTING LOG REQUIREMENTS:
3. Attach your individual writing to your typed log!