1. Explain the following concerning the House and Senate: (chart form allowed)
A. sessions D. Salary and Benefits
B. qualifications E. privileges
C. Term of Office F. number of members
2. Explain the factors involved concerning representation and reapportionment for the
House of Representatives.
3. Explain the typical profile of a member of Congress. (chart form allowed)
4. Explain how “complex rules” and a “structure of leadership” enable Congress (both
House and Senate) to carry out its lawmaking duties.
5. Explain the four basic kinds of committees in Congress along with the process of
choosing committee members.
6. How do staffs and support agencies help members of Congress carry out their