1. Explain what Article I, Section 8, Clause 18 allows Congress to do concerning its 17
expressed powers. Also explain the conflicting interpretations that result from the use of this clause.
2. Explain the limits on Congressional power.
3. Give an overview of the legislative and non-legislative powers of Congress. Provide
specifics for each. (chart answer allowed)
4. Which five powers from the 18 listed under Article I, Section 8, Clauses 1-18 do you
feel are the most important? Give specifics to support your choices.
5. Explain the inherent power of Congress to investigate. Provide specifics on the
process and powers.
6. Explain the inherent power of Congress to conduct legislative oversight. Give
specifics on this practice.
7. Explain why the level of cooperation between Congress and the President has
varied throughout history.