Rev. T. H. J. Walton
Thomas Henry Jackson Walton was born in Kotree, Singh, N.W. India circa 1862. He received his Education in England. The family moved to the United States in 1881 and eventually settled in Manatoba, Canada. Walton received his BA from the University of Manitoba in 1890. He was ordained Deacon in 1890, and two years later in 1892 he was ordained a Priest by the Archbishop of Rupertsland. Rev. T. H. J. Walton served at various points throughout Manitaba, South Dakota, and Minnesota from 1890-1898. He arrived in Buffalo near the end of the agricultural depression, assuming the responsibilities of the Buffalo and Casselton Missions in June of 1898. The congregation was once more revitalized with the coming of a permanent vicar. A revival of interest began, and major improvements were accomplished under his direction, turning the mission into one of hope and promise. During his short stay he saw that the tower was rebuilt, and secured altar furnishings in seasonal colors, choir stalls, and an altar cross for Calvary Chapel. Upon seeing the improvements made by Rev. Walton the Board of missions sent him to administer the long empty mission of Trinity Church in Wahpeton, ND in July of 1900.