Last updated 6/'99
Mail to- firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Home
Back to Lists
11/98 to Pres
Working as an independent consultant, I have held various contract and temporary HR/Recruitment positions. My assignments have concentrated primarily in the IT/IS, Networking, and Engineering areas of technical recruitment, for clients such as Fujitsu, Lucent Technologies, Hewlett Packard and AT&T. As the SR. TECHNICAL RECRUITER for Qwest Internet Solutions Corp. I recruited IT professionals for the support of the Tier-1 ISP, including Communications (national fiber-optic network), Enabling Technologies(Application development) and Professional Services groups(residency services).
Working with a start-up software development and professional services Corp. Sourced, identified and interviewed IT/IS professionals; refined and developed position descriptions; provided human resources services to business development staff, clients, and internal department managers as needed and for special projects as required. Used internet, usenet, referrals, direct recruitment, advertising, third party agencies, schools, organizations, and other available resources. Sourced new opportunities through networking and cold calls. Negotiated wages and other factors in order to close the 'deals'. Followed up with clients and applicants. Supervised, delegated, and coached 2 jr. technical recruiters. Submitted weekly departmental activity reports to Sr. management.
Other Consultancies have included establishment of a recruitment function for a medium-sized ($50m/yr.) Network Consulting firm, and implementing a temporary staffing division for an established Engineering permanent placement agency. This included recruitment assistance, as well as form design, benefits research and recommendations, and front and back office software recommendations.
Recruited, screened, and referred qualified applicants. Tested, counseled, and processed background and reference checks, payrolls, reconciled billing problems. Hired, trained, and supervised new staff. Developed and maintained client relationships, and relationships with training schools, state and local agencies. Designed and placed recruitment advertising, represented company at various job fairs.
1993 to 1996
* Nov. '94 was promoted to Recruitment Manager of the Bridgewater office. Improved bill rates, volume, and quarterly Quality Performance Ratings for a $1.5 Mil. client including an 18.86% increase in billings over the same period the previous year.
Sixth Avenue Electronics
Customer Service/Personnel Manager-Responsibilities included recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, policies and procedures manual, new employee orientation, credit card charge backs, customer returns(60 / wk.), and customer relations for a $70 Mil. retail and mail order company.
1990 to 1993
Sleep Doctor Stores
Operations Manager-Responsible for staffing, inventory control, purchasing, distribution, supervision and training, audits of daily bank deposits, physical building maintenance, security, and customer relations for a 10 store retail chain.
1987 to 1990
Owner-Solely responsible for all aspects of start-up and operation of a recruiting firm specialized in the recruitment and placement of Financial and Accounting professionals.
1983 to 1987
Wells Recruiting Systems
1980 to 1983
Financial Recruiter-Responsible for the recruitment and placement of Financial and Accounting professionals.
- Hardware—IBM/Compatible, Mac, HP LaserJet, BackPack, Ethernet, Scanners
- Software—MS Windows 3.1, 95, NT & UNIX OS
- Applications—MS Word, Word Perfect 6/7, QuatroPro, Excel, Lotus123, MS Access, Works, Pagemaker, PowerPoint, Paint, Corel Draw, Envoy7, Corel Presentations, Adobe Acrobat, Anawave Snake, MS Gif Animator, Win Zip, MS FrontPage, Outlook Express, MS Exchange, MS Fax/Phone, Win. Messaging, Scan disc, DT Search, Corel Print House, Norton Anti-Virus, Cute FTP, Corel FTP, Disk Defragmenter, ICQ, Quicken, JASC Image Commander, Key Resume Designer, Sidekick95, ACT
- Internet Skills—MS Internet Explorer 3./4., Netscape Navigator, NCSA Mosaic, Gopher, Web Page Authoring, HTML Coding, IRC, usenet, Corp Conferencing software, FTP, WhiteBoards, Personal Web Server
EDUCATION: Lebanon Valley College- Bachelor of Arts Degree
Bob LoBianco Tech Recruiter- Mail to- email@example.com.