* 2 medium onions sliced
* 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1-19 oz. can of cannelli beans (white kidney) rinsed throughly
* 1-28 oz. can whole peeled plum tomatoes
* 1-15 oz. can green peas (or frozen if preferred)
* 4 garlic cloves peeled and minced
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 3 cups cooked Ditalini pasta
* Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
* Saute onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in olive oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes or...until lightly browned.
* Cut up canned tomatoes, discard cores.
* Add the cut-up tomatoes with their juices to the sauteed onion and garlic and bring to a simmer.
* Cook for 5 minutes, then add cannelli beans. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
* Add the liquid from the canned peas to the tomato, beans, onion, and garlic mixture.
* Reserve peas and set aside.
* Simmer for 10 more minutes.
* Add the cooked pasta and peas and simmer for an additional 5 minutes to heat through.
* Serve with grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
* Serves 6 (approximately)