* 2 lbs. carrots peeled and cut up into pieces
* 5 large celery sticks cut up into pieces
* 1/2 cup fresh parseley - chopped
* 2 large cloves of garlic - peeled
* 2 teaspoons of salt *see note below
* 2 teaspoons of powdered vegetable broth (I use Seitenbacher brand vegetable broth mix)
...* see note below
* 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
* 1-12 oz. package wide egg noodles
* 12 cups water
* Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
* Combine in a large soup pot the water, carrots, celery, fresh parsely, salt, ... powdered vegetable broth, pepper, and garlic cloves.
* Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for approximately 25 minutes, or until... vegetables are softened.
* Strain vegetables from liquid. DO NOT discard liquid.
* Puree vegetables in a blender using a some liquid to faciliate the process. (You will have... to add small amounts at a time, unless you have a huge blender).
* Return all the liquid and pureed vegetables to the soup pot.
* Bring to a low boil. Add the egg noodles and stir throughly.
* Cook at a low boil for about 10 minutes stirring every couple of minutes.
* Turn off heat. Cover with a tight fitting lid and let stand for approximately 20 minutes.
* Serve and top with the grated Pecorino Romano Cheese.
* Serves 6 to 8.