1. Amos (I) Wallace, was born on 7 Jan 1820 in Greenup Co KY (Per His Personal Affidavit In His Pension Records) and died on 12 Nov 1887 in Adams Co OH at age 67. The cause of his death was Heart Disease and Dropsy being the effect of rheumatism.
Noted events in his life were:
* He served in the military 39th Kentucky Mounted Infantry. Civil War Pension Index: Amos Wallace, Co I & H, 39th KY Infantry, no wife or widow listed on Pension Index, Invalid Pension filed 12/18/1879, app# 332,661, cert. # 362,459 Amos Wallace, Co I & H, 39th KY Infantry, Louisa Wallace, widow. Widow's Pension filed 12/27/1887, app# 366,905, cert# 243,561; filed in OHIO
American Civil War Soldiers: Amos Wallace: Enlisted as a Private on 28 January 1863 Enlisted in Company H, 39th Infantry Regiment Kentucky on 16 February 1863 Transferred on 15 August 1863 from Company H to Company I. Mustered out Company H 39th Infantry Regiment Kentucky on 15 September 1865 in Louisville, KY
Civil War Service Records: Wallace Amos Co. H 39 Kentucky Infantry. Private Private Union
* He worked as a Cooper in 1860, Farmer in 1870, Laborer in 1880.
* He appeared on the census in 1850 in Pike Co OH.
1850 Pike Co OH Census (Camp Creek)
#1345 Amos Wallace 29 M laborer KY
Louisa Wallace 25 F NC
Aaron Wallace 05 M OH
John Wallace 03 M OH
Thomas Murray 18 M laborer Ohio
Levi Wallace 21 M laborer IN
* He appeared on the census in 1860 in Lawrence
1860 Lawrence Co KY Census (Louisa)
# 1118 Amos Wallace 41 m (Cooper) $300 / $50 KY
Louisa Wallace 36 f Wife KY
James Wallace 10 m OH
Henry Wallace 06 m VA
Isom Wallace 01 m VA
* He appeared on the census in 1870 in Lawrence
1870 Lawrence Co KY Census Page 262
# 63-63 Amos Wallace 50 Farmer $500
/ $375 KY
Louisa Wallace 45 Wife NC
James Wallace 16 Farm Labor OH
Henry Wallace 12 Farm Labor VA
Riley Wallace 10 VA
Lucian Wallace 04 KY
Amos Jr. Wallace 3/12 KY
* He appeared on the census in 1880 in Scioto
1880 Scioto Co OH Census (Morgan, Pg. 129-D)
Amos Wallace Self M Male W 59
KY VA VA Laborer
Louisa Wallace Wife M Female W 50 NC KY KY Keeping House
Riley Wallace Son S Male W 16 VA KY NC Laborer
Lousion Wallace Son S Male W 14 KY KY NC Laborer
Ulyssus Wallace Son S Male W 08 KY KY NC
Amos married Louisa Calloway on 8 Aug 1844 in Scioto Co OH (Portsmouth)
OH (Rarden) at age 82.
1. Scioto Co OH Marriages 1800-1900 (URL: http://www.scioto.
2. by Caryn R. Fuller Shoemaker & Betty J. Sisler Rudity, "Marriage Records of Scioto County, Ohio, 1803-1860" (Reprinted for Clearfield Company, Inc. by
Genealogical Publishing Company, Inc., Baltimore, MD, 2003.Copyright 1987, Genealogical Publishing Company, Inc., Baltimore, MD. Library of Congress Card Catalogue Number: 86-82404, ISBN: 0-8063-1170-
From the Revised Roster:
Wallace, Amos, Private, Company H. Age 43. Poss.
prev. serv. with Capt. Uriah Runyon's Co. of Militia (Wayne County 167th
Militia West Virginia State Troops). Listed on an orig. muster roll for Co.
H dated Feb. 28, 1863, Louisa, Ky. Capt. in Pike Co., Ky., Mar. 10, 1863;
paroled at City Point on April 3, 1863. Transf. to Co. I, Aug. 15, 1863.
Appd. for and recd. a pension in 1879.