NOTES: Some early Trundy history from Yahoo Genealogy Trundy, Hosmer's History of the Town of Deer Isle [pages 97-98] and from the LDS records of Dr. B.Lake Noyes. If anyone notes an error please let me know so it can be corrected.
bur.May 8, 1720 Boston
m.(2)Feb. 22, 1721 of Newburyport, MA; Sarah Watts
CHILDREN of George and Elizabeth included:
- Elizabeth Trundy b.ca.1692 at Kittery, ME m.June 13, 1712 of Berwick, ME; Joshua Remington
- Sarah Trundy, who was in court for stealing food from one Jeremiah Walford. She may have been the Sarah Trundy who married Richard More of Boston Aug. 3, 1730.
- John Trundy b.abt.1698 d.Oct. 1755 aged 57, Falmouth, ME
- Susannah Trundy m.May 17, 1714 Boston, MA; Joseph Candis
NOTES: George became a freeman March 6, 1692/3. He may have lived in Boston for some years between 1693 and May 1698 when his name first appeared on the tax rolls of Newcastle, NH where he earned a living caulking ships. In April 1699 she served on a coroner's jury at Stratham, NH.
Return to Trundy Index
d.Oct. 1755 aged 57, Falmouth, ME
m.(1)abt.1725 Deer Isle, ME Jane (______) Coats, widow of Robert Coats
- John Trundy m.Sept. 4, 1748 Falmouth, ME; Elizabeth Mayer
- William Trundy m.Anna ______; owned property in Newcastle by 1756. Both he and son William Jr. served in Revolutionary War. During the war his two-story house at Newcastle was used for quartering troops.
- Abigail Trundy m.int.April 25, 1760 Brunswick, ME Malcolm John.
- Elizabeth Trundy m.Nov. 30, 1752 Boston, MA; Simeon Smith
- Sarah Trundy m.Oct. 4, 1750 John Kipling
- Jane Trundy prob. the same who m.Oct. 13, 1776 at Rye NH; Edward Tredick
- George Trundy m.Nov. 30, 1757 at Falmouth, ME; Olive Jordan
The following were minors at the time of John's death:
- Samuel Trundy b.abt.1741
- Benjamin Trundy
- Tobias Trundy d.at sea while serving in Rev. War. Was engaged to Abigail Rand of Rye, NH.
- Charity Trundy b.1740 d.Sept. 4, 1819 m.April 20, 1760 Thomas Gustin
- Susannah Trundy
- Thomas Trundy b.1742/3 d.March 8, 1800 Portsmouth, NH m.(1)April 17, 1766 Portsmouth, NH Mary Mitchell m.(2)Nov. 6, 1785 Martha Gunnison, a widow who died Portsmouth, NH Oct. 30, 1840, age 87. Thomas was in the lumber business with his brother William of Newcastle. Beginning in 1766 William and Thomas each paid taxes on half a vessel, delivered lumber, and sold firewood to local residents of Newcastle agreeing to support the cause of the Rev. War. (N.H. State Papers, Vol. 30, p.96.) Thomas' first wife, Mary Mitchel, was probably the daughter of George Mitchel, a surveyor at Portsmouth and his wife Sarah (Parish Register of Queen's Chapel, Portsmouth, NH, p.13). "Feb. 24, 1746, Mary dau. of George and Sarah Mitchel baptised".
CHILDREN of Thomas and Mary included:
- Thomas Trundy Jr. b.abt.1772 d.Aug. 27, 1838 at Wiscasset, ME where he was known as the "Tithing man" and where he served as Town Clerk in 1822. He married Elizabeth Pendexter June 4, 1796. They had three children; Mary b.1798; Sarah b.1803; and Thomas Jefferson Trundy b.1806.
- Prob. John Trundy b.1774 d.Oct. 10, 1802 age 28; m.Sally Clarkson Tucker. Their Children: Mary Ann d.July 25, 1803 age 6; Thomas d.July 1803, aged 10 mos.
- Polly Trundy bapt.Sept. 6, 1790 m.May 23, 1803 John Adkins
- George Trundy b.1785, prob. N.H. area; bapt. Sept. 6, 1790 d.May 18, 1858 at Frankfort, ME aged 73 m.June 30, 1812 Belfast, ME Theodate Smith of Knox, ME b.Oct 31, 1791 d.Aug. 31, 1877 dau. of Peter Smith and Hannah Sanborn [Peter Smith was a seaman, mate of the brig Charles Edward, he was reported to have washed overboard on a voyage from Picton to Belfast. (History of Belfst, vol.1., p.817) One report says Peter died in 1837, another says 1848. Theodate was born Oct. 31, 1791 and died Aug. 31, 1877.]
CHILDREN of George and Theodate included:
- Mary Trundy b.1812/1824 d.1872 m.Job Larrabee
CHILDREN of Mary and Job included:
- Harry Larrabee
- Josephine Larrabee
- Lillian Larrabee
- Margaret Larrabee
- Meshach Trundy b.April 1, 1814 d.1899 m.(1)July 31, 1836 Frankfort, ME Deborah Curtis d/o Wm and Deborah Curtis m.(2)Margaret ______, widow of Col. Chauncey Spaulding [Meshach was a farmer. He bought 23 acres of land in Frankfort, Maine of William Clark on October 29, 1835. He also purchased lot #7 in Prospect, (south of the 7th range) of Job Larrabee in October 25, 1837.]
CHILDREN of Meshach and Deborah included:
- Helen June Trundy b.Jan. 12, 1837 d.Nov. 6, 1857 m.John Cunningham
CHILDREN of Helen and John included:
- Martin E. Cunningham b.July 20, 1856 d.April 9, 1859
- Marion Arvilla Trundy b.Dec. 29, 1838 d.May 12, 1899 m.Howard Ward
CHILDREN of Marion and Howard included:
- Helen Ward b.1858 d.1934 m.R.A. Lane
- Marcus C. Ward b.1870 m.Faustina Ellis
- True Ward b.July 1881 d.Jan. 14, 1885
- William Henry Trundy b.May 6, 1841 d.March 6, 1924 m.(1)Mary Larrabee m.(2)Rose Bowden m.(3)Mary Emery
CHILDREN of William and Mary Larrabee included:
- George W. Trundy b.1869 m.Ellen Desonie
- Lincoln Trundy b.1873 d.1889
- Chester Trundy b.1877 d.1851 m.Pauline M. Howard
- Eliza Trundy b.1879 d.1950 m.Walter Clements
CHILDREN of William and Rose Bowden included:
- Walter Trundy b.Feb. 25, 1888 d.Aug. 9, 1972 m.(1)Francis Larrabee m.(2)Marion Lucus b.1895 d.1957
- Henry Oliver Trundy b.1889 d.1958 m.Mabel Adams
- Marcus Trundy b.Aug. 8, 1889 m.(1)Emily Herridge m.(2)Cary P. Leach
- Sarah Trundy
- Nettie Trundy b.1890
- Edgar Lewis Trundy b.Aug. 3, 1843 d.May 1, 1904 Prospect/Frankfort, ME m.(1)Medora Tozier; d/o Charles Tozier and Rose Wanning m.(2)Emerly Larrabee
CHILDREN of Edgar and Medora included:
- Maud Trundy b.Oct. 12, 1876 d.Nov. 3, 1879
- Martha Trundy b.Feb. 12, 1878 d.Nov. 14, 1879
- Lillian Trundy b.Sept. 15, 1880 d.Aug. 10, 1884
- Rose Trundy b.June 22, 1883
- Leon Everett Trundy b.Nov. 11, 1885 Bangor, ME d.Jan.1981 Bangor, ME m.Percis Howard d/o Charles Howard and Margaret Webster
CHILDREN of Leon and Percis included:
- Howard Trundy b.1909
- Richard L. Trundy b.1913
- Robert L. Trundy b.1913
- Josephine Marie Trundy b.March 9, 1915 Searsport, ME d.Feb. 12, 1972 Taylor, MI
- Shirley Trundy b.1921
- Ellen M. Trundy b.Sept. 14, 1889 d.Sept. 18, 1889
- Clarence Trundy b.Aug. 1892 m.(1)Agnes McTagget m.(2)Lucy Curtis
- Francis A. Trundy b.Aug. 17, 1896 d.Jan. 5, 1897
CHILDREN of Edgar and Emerly Larrabee included:
- Edgar Lewis Trundy, Jr. b.June 16, 1869
- Linney Trundy b.Sept. 18, 1874 d.Nov. 22, 1879
- Silas Deville Trundy b.1846 d.1909 Stockton Springs, ME m.Eliza M. Green, d/o True Green and Susan Martin
CHILDREN of Silas and Eliza Green included:
- Adrian Wells Trundy b.1866 d.1946 m.Catherine M. Warren
- Irene Trundy m.(1)Harry Hatch m.(2)Edward Parker
- True Green Trundy b.1876 d.1913 m.Rosanna Edminster
- Walter Francis Trundy b.1879 m.Alvesta Twist
- Carl Dean Trundy b.1890 d.1907
- Rose Marie Trundy b.May 8, 1848 d.1942 m.March 27, 1870 Joseph P. Green
CHILDREN of Rose Marie and Joseph included:
- Charles W. Green b.April 24, 1874 d.July 3, 1890
- Sumner R. Green b.July 26, 1876 m.May 8, 1903 Daisy Duke
- Grace A. Green b.April 18, 1878 d.Dec. 9, 1878
- Harry J. Green b.March 1880 d.Feb. 1881
- Augusta May Green b.1882 d.1919 m.Albert Cunningham
- Joseph M. Green b.1884 m.Bella Deroster
- Eliza M. Green b.Aug. 1886 d.June 1898
- John Cunningham Trundy b.1850 d,1943 m.Marie E.
- Charles H. Trundy b.1853 m.Ella Boyd
- Chester R. Trundy b.Sept. 27, 1856 d.April 3, 1859
- Augusta Orilla Trundy b.1860 d.1938 m.(1)Fred A. Spaulding m.(2)George H. Stevens
- Emily R. Trundy b.1825/1830 Belfast ME d.July 1901 at the home of her dau. in Roxbury, MA m.(1)1846 Capt. John Anderson of Montville m.(2)Eldredge Nickerson
CHILDREN of Emily and John included:
- Julia Anderson b.1848
- Georgeanna b.1850 m.Charles A. Hutchinson of NH
CHILD of Georgeanna and Charles:
- Lena Hutchinson
CHILDREN of Emily and Eldredge included:
- William E. Nickerson b.1857
- Jennie C. Nickerson b.1859/60
- Hannah Trundy b.1816 d.1888 m.Sept. 12, 1839 Frankfort, ME William Curtis, Jr. s/o William Curtis and Deborah ______
CHILDREN of Hannah and William included:
- Hannah Trundy Curtis b.1842 d.1929 m.Capt. Peleg Benson Nichols [or Capt. Frank C. Nichols]
- Marcus Marcene Curtis b.1846 d.1929 m.Jessie M. _______
- Dorothy "Dolly" Trundy b.ca.1819/1826 m.Jan. 13, 1839 Frankfort, ME Thomas J. Drew
- Levi Trundy b.May 7, 1821 d.Jan. 28, 1894 m.(1)Nov. 27, 1842 Isabella Towlet m.(2)1855 Laura Eames
CHILDREN of Levi and Isabella included:
- Clara Trundy m.Mr. Curtis
- Octavius H. Trundy b.Oct. 27, 1843 d.Feb. 22, 1865 in Civil War
CHILDREN of Levi and Laura included:
- Hattie "Nettie" Trundy b.Aug. 14, 1856 d.Jan. 24, 1893 m.David Plummer
- Ella Trundy b.1859 d.1935 m.David Bartlett
- Alfred Eames Trundy b.1863 d.1929 m. Elizabeth M. Bean
- George O. Trundy b.May 15, 1866
- Jennette Trundy b.1869 d.1923 m.Frank Sheldon
- George W. Trundy b.1828 d.Feb. 1857 unm.
- Franklin L. Trundy b.April 21, 1835 d.March 18, 1915 No. Searsport, ME m.Jan. 1857 Frankfort, ME Sarah I. Wanning
CHILDREN of Franklin and Sarah included:
- Ida F. Trundy b.1859 d.March 26, 1860
- Leslie Trundy b.1863 d.1884
NOTES: I got the name of Samuel's father and back from the Robert Wylie Family History Website at Rootsweb.com. John's name appears on the tax rolls of Newcasle, NH from 1720 through 1743. He was a brick mason, timber dealer, and an inn holder by 1729. In 1726 John and Jane bought and sold property in Newcastle. In 1743 John sold his Newcastle property to Thomas Bell and moved his family to Falmouth, ME where he and second wife bought property in Cape Elizabeth.
Return to Trundy Index
Copy of a letter in the B.L. Noyes collection:
Portland, Me., Jan. 25, 1931
My dear Dr. Noyes:
Recently I went over to the Cape (Elizabeth) to call on an aunt, Malvina Trundy Merriman (who is 86 years of age). She showed me a paper clipping from the Press Herald and asked me if I would write you what little knowledge she had of Trundy's Reef.
She says: "The first Trundy (William) settled in Kittery about 200 years ago. He had two children, George and Jane. After death of William the property was divided, George taking all his money and coming to Portland settled on Cape and acquired all the land eastward of what is the main road on Cape Elizabeth. It included many hundreds of acres. The said George built a house on land which is now east of the Methodist Church.
George had two children--son and daughter---the son being named for grandfather, William. The son heired the property. Now William had eight children, one dying in infancy.
William's two sons, William and John, were left the land. William had the part which included the old homestead and the land which, as I said, is to the east of the now main road. How far the land runs I do not know. John's part included the reef and what is now known as Shore Acres. Two of William's children are now living--Malvina Trundy Marriman (86) and Annie Elizabeth Henley (80). John's son Leander also survives."
These are the facts as Mrs. Merriman remembers them. If there are any questions you would like to ask she would be glad to tell you if she knows.
I am the granddaughter of William Trundy and daughter of Julia Trundy Henley. On the Henley side I have a cousin who married a Miss Knowlton of Sunset whom you may recall, as her husband said she knew you.
Trusting this may answer at least part of your queries, I am
Sincerely, (Miss) Annie T. Henley, Eastland Hotel, Portland, Maine.
Return to Trundy Index
b.abt.1741 Cape Elizabeth; s/o John and Jane Trundy
d.March 17 or 19, 1804
m.Ann Carey; she m.(2)[2 dates: April 11, 1805 or 1818] James Jordon m.(3)Sept. 5, 1819 Jeremiah Stover
CHILDREN (14) of Samuel and Ann [they were the grandparents of one hundred and twenty]:
- Daniel Trundy d.1835 in Dover, ME m.Sarah Jordan
CHILDREN of Daniel and Sarah included:
- son, age 10 or under re:1800 census
- Olive Trundy m.Issac Royal, Jr. [large family]
- Hannah Trundy m.______ Row/Rowe [son ][info on this line from Ede Moulton]
- Samuel Trundy b.prob. Sunset, Deer Isle, ME ca.1771 d.at Newburyport, MA m.Oct. 1, 1804 Jane Dyer of Castine dau.of Michael and Jane
CHILDREN of Samuel and Jane included:
- Samuel Trundy b.Deer Isle Jan. 6, 180(5?) d.Apr. 1807
- John T. Trundy b.Deer Isle, Dec. 5, 180(3-5?) m.Nov. 8, 1826 Judith Carter b.March 16, 1801 d/o James and Mercy (Cain) Carter
CHILDREN of John and Judith included:
- David T. Trundy b.ca.1821 m.Oct. 25, 1858 Lizzie R. Oliver; Civil War Vet.
CHILDREN of David and Lizzie included:
- Bainbridge (Bennie) Warren Trundy b.Nov. 3, 1860 m.Oct. 28, 1884 Estella "Stella" D. Billings of No. Orland
CHILDREN of Bennie and Stella included:
- Roy A. Trundy b.Aug. 10, 1885 m.Mabel Davis, no children
- John R. Turndy b.Dec. 1889 m.Mary ______
- Frank N. Trundy b.Feb. 27, 1892 m.Nina Murray no children
- Frank Newell Trundy b.Aug. 1, 1861 m.Feb. 7, 1895 Bertha Emogene Treworgy
CHILDREN of Frank and Bertha included:
- Otto Herman Trundy b.Jan. 19, 1897 single
- Abbie Rebecca Trundy b.Nov. 28, 1899 m.Arthur Grant no children
- Laura Adelia Trundy b.Feb. 19, 1906 m.Richard Charles Baker
CHILD of Laura and Richard:
- Richard Charles Baker, Jr. b.Feb. 2, 1928
- Susan (Mable ?) Trundy b.March 1, 1868 m.March 5, 1885 Hollis Willings
CHILDREN of Susie and Hollis included:
- Walter T. Willings b.March 18, 1887 d.Sept. 22, 1894
- Frank N. Willings, b.Aug. 5, 1889 m.Elizabeth Saunders
- Albert P. Willings b.Aug. 10, 1890 m.Grace Moore
- Gerald H. Willings m.Madolyn Sabins
- Lulu Eva Trundy b.Nov. 15, 1872 d.Feb. 25, 1928 m.April 11, 1895 Rodney "Ed" Conary, no children
- Moses Trundy m.ukn Eaton
CHILDREN of Moses and ukn:
- Albert Trundy, twin
- many others
- Amos Robie Trundy b.ca.1825 m.(1)Georgie Goff m.(2)"N.B. woman" [also it is thought one of his wives was a Closson].
CHILD of Robie and Georgie:
- Ursula Trundy
- several others
- Martha Trundy m.Sprague "Spregg" Curtis as his second wife
CHILDREN of Martha and Spregg included:
- Francena Curtis
- Elsie Curtis
- Cordelia Trundy m.(1)Alex Carlisle m.(2)Nicholas Ober
CHILDREN of Cordelia and Alex included:
- Emma Carlisle m.Nathan Conary
CHILDREN of Emma and Nathan included:
- Otis Conary
- Bert Conary
- Austin Conary
- Addy Carlisle m.Gavenus Grindle
CHILDREN of Addy and Gavenus included:
- Lurvy Grindle (girl)
- Lida Grindle
- Margie Grindle
- Sadie Grindle
- Leon Grindle
- Alton Grindle
- Albert Carlisle ; [deaf and dumb and runs undertaking shop in Old Town.-BLN]
- Pamelia Ann Trundy b.abt.1829 m.Geo W. Pemberton
CHILD of Pamelia and Geo.:
- Frank Pemberton
CHILD of Frank:
- Eddie Pemberton
- Melissa m.Joseph Young
- John Trundy b.ca.1850 m.(1)Ursula Gray m.(2)Katie? ukn...who may be mother of Frank.
CHILDREN of John and Ursula:
- Charlie Trundy r.NH married
- Ursula Trundy d.y.
- Frank Trundy
- Cora E. Trundy b.abt.1857 m.James A. Stover
CHILD of Cora and James:
- a son
GRANDCHILDREN of Cora and James included:
- Leonard Stover
- Frank Stover
- Kathleen Stover
- Georgia Stover
- Georgia M. Trundy m.___ Fairbrother of Guilford, ME
- Samuel Trundy b.Jan. 16, 1810 m.Lucretia Gray of Sedgwick
CHILDREN of Samuel and Lucretia included:
- Seth Trundy b.Nov. 13, 1835 d.Feb. 2, 1899 unm.
- Russell Trundy d.unm.
- Jesse Trundy d.unm.
- Enos Trundy b.Feb. 29, 1844 d.Sept. 17, 1902 unm.
- Henry Trundy d.1919 m._______ Lurvy of Ellsworth, ran a hotel in Bar Harbor
- Rufus Trundy, worked for summer people in Bar Harbor
- Lizzie Trundy, unm., because mental incompetency became a Surry town charge, lived to be over 80
- Mary Trundy m.Reuben Dodge of Bluehill, ME; no. children [may have also m.a Gray]
- Jesse Trundy b.Deer Isle, April 25, 1808 m.Fanny Bowden
- Mercy Trundy b.1814 m.Oct. 12, 1846 Newburyport, MA Wm. B. Watts, widower of her sister Isabelle s/o John T. and Mary Watts
- Isabelle S. Trundy b.Sept. 27, 1821 d.March 25, 1846 at birth of 1st child also named Isabelle m.June 8, 1845 Wm B. Watts
- Robie Frye Trundy b.ca.1823
- several others possible
- Thomas Trundy b.1801 d.1846 m.April 8, 1821 Olive Smith
- John W. Trundy b.Nov. 30, 1796 d.April 1859/60 in Rockland m.int. pub.Jan. 14, 1817 Hannah Small
- Mary Trundy (eldest dau.) m.Peletiah Barter (b.1772) 10 children
- Mercy Trundy d.1860 m.David Thurlow (Abram), (b.1775) 12 children
- daughter m.Daniel Crockett
- Olive Trundy m.int.pub.July 17, 1801 Jonathan Pressey
- Deborah Trundy m.John Whitmore
- Elizabeth Trundy b.1803 m.Hon. Richard Warren (b.1786 d.1865) son of Thomas Warren
- Susanna Trundy m.Abner Lane
Samuel moved to Deer Isle in 1765. His mother came with him and was his housekeeper for a few years when her other son, George came and removed her to his home. Their father had died as a young man, leaving two sons.(p.47, History of Deer Isle)
b.1801 Deer Isle, ME; s/o Samuel and Ann (Carey) Trundy
d.4 a.m. July 18, 1846
m.int.pub.April 8, 1821 Olive Smith of Vinalhaven; she m.(2)int.pub.May 23, 1847 John Stinson of Stinson's Neck and she had a son George when she was 52 years old.
- Thomas Smith Trundy b.Oct. 27, 1821
- Mary Sellers Trundy b.Oct. 21, 1825 m.Kendall Kimball, Rockland
- Olive Trundy b.Sept. 18, 1827
- Deborah W. Trundy b.Sept. 18, 1827 d.y.?
- Asa Turner Trundy b.1823 moved to Addison, a tanner
- Deborah W. Trundy b.Sept. 18, 1829 d.y.?
- Warren Trundy b.Sept. 6, 1831 moved to Boston m.Hannah Benson, dau of Jeptha Benson (DAR Line)
CHILDREN of Warren and Hannah included:
- Maude Trundy m._____ Quinn
- Rebecca Stinson Trundy b.May 2, 1834
- Lucy Ann Trundy b.Aug. 8, 1836 (DIVR:d/o Thomas + Olive W.??) d.single
- Susan Harriet Webb Trundy b.Sept. 29, 1839
- Benjamin Babbidge Trundy b.May 4, 1842 moved to Boston; made tents and awnings
- Adelia H. Trundy b.Apr. 20, 1845
- Abbie, m.Nat Leaman, Chelsea
- Delia Trundy d.single
- maybe other girls
Thomas Sr. lived in a house near Joseph Small's on Cross Road, from Long Cove Hill to Sunset. My father was raised in that house on north side of old road and some years ago when I was a boy it (cellar) was half filled with shrubbery and rubbish. (Re: BLN--Frank Trundy interview May 1, 1921)
From Island Chronicles Accounts of Days Past in Deer Isle and Stonington page 62 by Clayton H. Gross 1977: "(This may have been Thomas T. Trundy, who was noted for his photographic memory. It is said that he was chided by the new preacher, upon leaving church, for not paying attention to the sermon, whereupon he preached the sermon back to the astonished preacher, word for word.)" NOTE: Is Thomas T. Trundy this Thomas?
Return to Trundy Index
b.Oct. 27, 1821
m.Dec. 5, 1855 Deer Isle, ME Julia Crabtree Sadler
b.March 28, 1836 d/o Joshua and Mary (Crabtree) Sadler
d.June 18, 1888
- Francis "Frank" Marion Trundy b.Sept. 17, 1856 Sunshine (D.I. and personal), named for Gen. Marion; m.(1)Nancy Gross dau. of Wm and Nancy (Harvey) Gross (b.Oceanville ca.1831 & died ca.1897, age 66 yrs) Nancy died at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 11, 1915 bur. at Greenwood Cemetery, Oceanville Frank m.(2)Anna Augusta Barbour
CHILDREN by Frank and Nancy:
- Nellie, b. Sept. 24, 1877, who m.James H. Morey;
- Clara F., by June 1, 1879 recognized as "Carrie Florence", who m. James G., son of Win Thurlow, and moved to Pequot, Minn.,
CHILDREN of Clara and James:
- Frankie Thurlow, d.y.
- Alonzo Nickerson Thurlow
- Winfield Scott Thurlow.
- Eleanor "Nellie" Trundy b.Nov. 15, 1857 (DI); or Nov. 14 (information on death cert.); m.Dec. 25, 1878 Cornelius Merritt Gross, son of Hiram; d.Nov. 12, 1928,
CHILD of Nellie and Cornelius:
- Clara "Cad" Gardner, wife of Burpee, in Stonington.
- George Washington Trundy, b.August 7, 1859 Sunshine (not in DI Recs); m.Ada Maude Hardy, b.March 21, 1871 on Freeze's Island, D.I., who had previously m.John Dow.
CHILDREN of George and Ada;
- George Ronald Trundy b.Apr. 26, 1906
- Bertie Delbert Trundy b.Dec. 6, 1907.
- Mary Olive Trundy b.Sept. 27, 1862 (DI) d.Jan. 20, 1902; m.Augustus Gross as his 1st wife, having a large family on Trundy's Point where she d.
CHILDREN of Mary and Augustus included:
- James Gross b.1881 d.1905 never married, was deaf and made beautiful decoy ducks and ships
- Ada Maude Gross b.1883 m.Albert "Bert" Dean Dow
CHILDREN of Ada Maude and Mr. Dow:
- Kenneth Dow b.1905 NB d.1932 Detroit, MI unm
- Lena Dow b.1907 NB d.1987 Arizona m.(1)1925 Earl Miller m.(2)1933 James Gillespee
- Margaret Dow b.1902 Stonington, ME d.1981 Rockport ME, m.1921 Earl Young of Rockport
- Aubrey E. Dow b.1910 NB d.1983 Detroit, MI m.Catherine Lindeman of E.Detroit, Mich.
- Willie Gross [mentioned by BLN-can find no other record of him]
- Thomas S. Gross b.1885 m.Grace ______ r.Rockland, ME
- Sanford B. Gross, b.1887 d.1930 w/o issue
- Rena M. Gross b.1896 d.1962 m.in Sedgwick Ernest Grindle
CHILDREN of Rena and Ernest:
- Florence Grindle m.Edwin Sherman of Blue Hill
- Basil Grindle
- Phyllis Grindle m.Woodrow Herrick of Southwest Harbor, ME
CHILDREN of Phyllis and Woodrow:
- Richard Herrick, NH
- Steven Herrick, San Francisco, Calif.
- Paul Herrick, Ct.
- Gerald Ivan Grindle of Lynn, MA
- Georgina Grindle m.George Allen of Brooklin, ME
- Sterling C. Gross b.1897 m.(1)Harriet Finley m.(2)Lavina Webb
CHILD of Sterling and Lavina:
- Grace Patricia Gross b.June 4, 1920 d.Dec. 1, 2000 Deer Isle, ME m.L. Blaine Lymburner of Brooksville, ME
CHILDREN of Grace and Blaine included:
- Richard B. Lymburner
- Nancy J. Lymburner
- Vallie Gross b.1889 m.Medbury Smith, died w/o issue
- and twins at Mother's death [one may be Winifred F. Gross d.1961 m.Myron Bracy; had eight children-BLN].
- Anna L. Trundy b.Oct. 10, 1866 (DI) m.James H. Tyler and m.(2)Augustus Gross, above.
- Edward "Ed" Harris Trundy b.April 7, 1876 d.Nov. 26, 1955 Searsport, ME m.Ellen M. Dunham, d/o Fred Dunham of Sunshine; left Oceanville and bought Dustin Sellers' place in Sunshine after mar., then went to Brooklin, Swans Island, and now in Searsport; no children [Note: Aunt Ellen was still living in Searsport when we moved there in 1967, she died April 1, 1977. A sweet woman.--HAW][Ellen's Obituary: ELLEN TRUNDY Searsport; Ellen M. Trundy died at a Belfast Hospital, Friday, April 1. She was born in Deer Isle, Feb. 19, 1886, daughter of Frederick and Abigail (Stanley) Dunham. She is survived by nieces and nephews. Funeral services will be held at Youngs Funeral Home, Monday, 2 p.m. with Rev. Robert Browne of the Full Gospel Church officiating. Spring burial will be in the Grove Cemetery, Belfast. In lieu of flowers friends who wish may contribute to their favorite charity.]
- Jennie White Trundy b.July 5, 1871 [Rec. in D.I. as "James W., son of above parents] d.Dec. 24, 1899 of puerperal fever, m.Dec. 8, 1888 Emory Lee Buckminster
CHILDREN of Jennie and Emory included:
- Ina Carroll Buckminster b.Aug. 12, 1891 d.Dec. 1974 m.Willard Knight
- Lawrence Linwood Buckminster b.Dec. 1, 1894, died unmarried
- Harry Neilon Buckminster b.May 6, 1899 d.1968 m.Linette _______
CHILDREN of Harry and Linette included:
- Dennis Buckminster m.Jeannine _______
- Marie Buckminster m.Nathan Dyer of Yarmouth
Notes: Julia Crabtree Sadler, b.March 27, 1936 (per gravestone); pub. Dec. 3, and m.Dec. 5, 1855, by Rev. Abraham Plummer, (DI). Thomas Smith Trundy was born D.I. Oct. 27, 1821, son of Thomas7 Olive Smith Trundy (DI); Olive Smith being of the Smiths of Vinalhaven, Tom Trundy, Jr., first lived in Sunshine where he built the present (1934) Freeman Sprague house, near Pioneer Thomas Stinson's site, now resided in by Chas. Mcdonald; then he moved onto Trundy's Point (named for him) in Oceanville onto the Lufkin Place, where his dau. Mary who m.Gus Gross lived and died, and where deaf Jim Gross last lived as occupant. Julia d. in Oceanville and was buried in Greenwood cemetery, her stone reading; "Julia C., wife of Thomas S. Trundy, d.June 18, 1888 aged 52-2-21." Some informant on the Trundy family (think it was her son Frank) said that Julia was b.March 28, 1835. [re: B.L.N.]
Return to Trundy Index
Return to Surname List
Return to Helene's Home Page
This page last updated on Dec. 22, 2006
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page