This page is a few little pieces of infomation I have picked up about the Forster films.
- A Room with a View was Helena Bonham Carter's first acting role.
- The fantastic music in A Room with a View which in my mind will forever be associated with Italy, is called O mio babbino caro (Oh My Beloved Father) and is from the opera Gianni Schicchi by Puccini.
- Emma Thompson and Anthony Hopkins, who starred together in Howards End, starred together again the next year in the Merchant Ivory film The Remains of the Day. The film also featured Hugh Grant (Clive Durham in Maurice.)
- Peggy Ashcroft, Saeed Jaffrey, and Art Malik, who starred together in A Passage to India in 1984, appeared together again in the same year in Jewel in the Crown. Judy Parfitt (Maurice), Fabia Drake (A Room with a View), and Rosemary Leech (A Room with a View) also starred.
- Many of the EM Forster film versions have been Merchant Ivory productions. The usual format is, James Ivory directs, Ismail Merchant produces, Ruth Prawer Jhabvala adapts the novels.
- Prunella Scales, Aunt Joley in Howards End, is the mother of Samuel West (Leonard Bast) in real life.
- The film version of A Room with a View gets the hair colour of the two leading men the wrong way round! In the book Cecil is blonde and George is dark.