"I started writting songs when I was really little
because there were things I could say through
songs that I couldn't verbalize any other way.
Writting was something I had to do."
- "Back then I was a lot more worried about
people's perceptions of me. I wanted approval,
so I came across as happy. But really, I was
quite insecure and not as prepared to share as
much of myself as I am now."
- "The whole celebrity thing is not something
I'm overly interested in. I don't pop up at
parties. It's just not my thing."
- "I think everyone's hungry for the truth"
- "Most of my music is at least partely
auto-biographical, but no one song is all
of me. Each one is just a piece."
- "I didn't have high self-esteem when I was
a teenager, as I think most teens don't.
I used to think I was alone in that. Oh man, I wish I had me to listen to when I was 14."
- "There is no better feeling than when you
write something you know is a piece of you
and that, at some point, is going to communicate with someone else."
- "A long time ago I decided to take the
positive things that my experiences had to
offer, and not bother with the rest. I've always beleived you can make whatever you choose
out of what life throws at you."
- I have mixed emotions about getting awards.
I have difficulty with the concept of being judged.
I don't feel I'm better than any other female
artist. I'm just different. Everything we're all doing is valid."
- "...I want to walk through life rather than
being dragged through it."
Midi Files |
Did You Know??? |
Tour Dates |