Montserrat National Youth Council
Date of Establishment: November 1989 (Re-established)
Type of Organisation: Non Profit/NGO
Local: All Youth, Community, Church, Sports Organisatons.
Regional: CFY, CCC, CYP.
Decision Making Structure
General Council - all representatives of groups, all honorary members,
one adult youth advisor, youth officer.
- To assist in the general development of youth;
- To promote and foster better relationship among youth;
- To assist in the promotion of Caribbean Unity;
- To act as a central point of affiliation of member groups;
- To establish and conduct such educational, Spiritual, Cultural, Social
and Charitable enterprises or functions.
- Drug Prevention,
- AIDS Education,
- Peer Counseling,
- Leadership Development,
- Project Development,
- Community Projects,
- Skills Training,
- Environmental Protection.
- Fund raising,
- Regular Training in Programming areas,
- monthly general meeting,
- Coordinating and distributing relief supplies during a disaster.
- Securing a Government building to be refurbished as a Secretariat,
- Hosting two regional work/study camps,
- fencing and painting Brades primary School,
- Awards ceremony for outstanding youth.
Membership: Forty three groups
Knowledge of and Member of CFY since its inception. Member of the Relation
with CFY Council held position on CFY Executive as follows:Vice President
1993 - 94 and 1994 - 95 and President 1995 - 96.
Any Other Information
Funding for our programs is a major problem and we would appreciate
Patricia Farrell, Youth Advisor
P.O. Box 272