|FUND 103: Fundraising Workshop|
|This course is a practical workshop in which students apply the knowledge and skills developed in FUND 101: Fundraising Theory and Practice and FUND 102: Psychology of Philanthropy. Upon completion of the course, students will have written a draft personal solicitation script, phone-a-thon script, letter and enclosures for a direct mail campaign, and/or grant proposal. Students help determine which fundraising methods will be the focus of the course.
The course is generally offered as a one-day workshop with the written materials for two or more of the methods addressed. The course can also be offered as a half-day workshop with a single method addressed in depth.
Upon completion of the course the student should be able to do one or more of the following:
1. design each of the seven essential components of a direct mail fundraising package, write a fundraising letter, apply a graphic identity to the package, identify potential donors, and conduct a direct mail fundraising campaign.
2. organize, script, and conduct a phone-a-thon campaign, to include training volunteer callers, designing phone-a-thon materials, and developing caller lists.
3. organize and conduct a face-to-face fund solicitation campaign, to include training volunteer solicitors, matching solicitors with potential donors, and conducting donor research.
4. organize and conduct a fundraising and promotional special event.
5. write an effective grant proposal utilizing the case statement, and match the proposal with an appropriate funding source. (Students should have also completed ADM 101: Writing the Case Statement.)
This course is recommended for new fundraising professionals and members of a volunteer staff who are developing their first written materials for a fundraising effort. It is also recommended for more seasoned fundraisers seeking to refresh their skills or to develop skills in a new fundraising method.
|Return to the Course List|
|Return to Advance Institute Home Page|
|To obtain further information or to schedule this course for your organization, contact
Dr. Gordon Neal Diem
ADVANCE Education and Development Institute
113 South Queen Street, Lancaster, PA 17603
1106 Arnette Avenue, Durham NC 27707