|What Do the Soldiers Want?|
|Tips and suggestions for sending military care packages, from a military wife|
|I've compiled a list of food items, personal items and miscellaneous gear that seems to be the most popular and most needed by our soldiers serving abroad. Most, if not all, of the suggestions have come from the mouths of the soldiers themselves, and they certainly know best. I have compiled this information from firsthand knowledge, internet forums and official military material.
You will notice many of the items are geared towards extreme heat and cold, as many of our current operations are in desert climates.
Hope you enjoy your visit. And thank you for supporting the troops!
|· Beef Jerky/Slim Jims
· Energy Bars (Power Bar, etc.) and Granola Bars
· Sunflower seeds
· Atomic Fireballs, Jolly Rancher and other hard candy that doesn't melt!
· Hot cocoa or specialty coffee/tea mixes - Soldiers already have powdered drink mixes like Kool-aid.
· Bottled juices and drinks (plastic bottles only, put in Ziploc bags to be safe)
· Tins of meat, canned chicken, tuna and packs of crackers to supplement the MRE
· Sausages and cheeses - vacuum packed, like you find in gift baskets.
· Little Debbie Snack Cakes
· Dried fruit
· Chex Mix, Goldfish and Chips
· Canned soup and canned fruits in syrup
· Pasta Anytime or Ragu Express
· Peanut Butter
· Baby wipes
- Hand sanitizer, although if your soldier is in a hot, desert region the liquid will just turn to mud!
· Soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Chewing gum, breath mints
- Disposable cameras
- Phone Cards
- Stationary and Postage
- Kleenex packs and toilet paper rolls
- Eye drops
- Paperback fiction, cartoon books, magazines
- News magazines and newspapers from home
- Squirt guns, toys, cards, dice and travel games
- Foam footballs and frisbees
- CD's, Vidoes and DVD's - home videos in DVD format are especially good. They are easy to ship and store.
- Bug Off
DO NOT SEND
- Sunscreen (we are told it's already been issued in mass quantity)
- Things that melt!
- Pornography (It is not just contraband. It also encourages immorality.)
Click here to check restrictions for your APO/FPO zip code
|Sponsor a soldier and send him packages through Operation Military Pride|
|Order specially made care packages from Treats for Troops|
|You may also call the United States Postal Service to order some FREE packing supplies!|
|SEND ME AN EMAIL|
|Return to my home page|