Lebanon 1947 Issue, 50 Centimes (Scott #197)
|Brownish red shades. Stamp design is approx. 18 x 22 2/3 mm.
Original is lithographed on thick grayish or white wove paper.
1) The paper is grayish or white tinted in the color of the stamp.
2) The straight line around the design is even and sharp.
3) The lettering IC Beyrouth is clear. There is a center to the o and the a. P Koroleff is clear and the ff is well formed.
Click image for plain view
|Color is about the same as the genuine. Stamp design is approximately
18.5 x 22 mm. Forgery is lithographed on medium yellowish paper.
1) The paper is more yellowish and acid.
2) The straight line around the design is less well defined, broken and uneven in width.
3) The lettering IC Beyrouth is sloppy. There is no center to the o and the a. P Koroleff is sloppy and the ff is poorly formed.
|Compiled by Bill Claghorn (June 17, 2000)|