"Stand back! There's a Hurricane coming through!" - The Hurricane
WWE: The Videos Vol. 1
Year of Release -
DVD Release - WWE Home Video/Shock - 2002
Region 0 (Aus) - NTSC - M15+
Running Time - 27:09
One of the more enjoyable aspects of the WWE is the unique Entrance Themes for the superstars, while up on the "Titan-tron", film-clips accompany the theme music. The CD releases are very popular and it was only a matter of time before something similar was released on DVD.
Starring: Triple H, The Hurricane, Undertaker, The Rock, Billy & Chuck, Mr. McMahon, Kane, Chris Jericho, Edge and Kurt Angle.
Music: Jim Johnston
These 10 tracks are the Titan-tron videos and music that is used at WWE events for the following superstars:
- Triple H - "Play the Game" is an awesome Heavy Metal song, written by Triple H and performed by the legendary metal band, Motorhead. Coupled with images of Triple H looking like a tough bastard and beating the crap outta people, it's truly one of the better tracks on the DVD.
- The Hurricane - The Hurricane, being a comic book superhero style character, has a Titan-tron video that features him flying aroung the world and whenever he hits someone there is a big "POW" a la the 60's Batman television series. His theme music, "Eye of the Hurricane", is very much in that vein.
- Undertaker - Using the instrumental version of "You're Gonna Pay", called "Dead Man", Undertaker's Titan-tron is appropriate to his current personna of the tough biker.
- The Rock - "If You Smell..." is the theme music The Rock had before his current heel theme music.
- Billy & Chuck - "You Look So Good To Me" sounds like an N-Sync-style song, along with clips of Billy & Chuck hugging each other and kicking the bejesus out of people.
- Mr. McMahon - "No Chance in Hell" is another of my favourites. Combined with images of Vince McMahon's evil grin, this track kicks ass.
- Kane - This is a very cool theme coupled with a flame motif.
- Chris Jericho - While I prefer his original theme music, the re-mix of "Break Down the Walls" is still pretty good. The Titan-tron is complete with the Y2J Countdown.
- Edge - This is "You Think You Know Me", not Rob Zombie's "Never Gonna Stop Me" that Edge up until recently used.
- Kurt Angle - "Medals" is a very Olympic-sounding theme song. A fan-fare for the Gold-Medallist, the Titan-tron features shots of Kurt Angle suplexing the crap out of people, of him executing his sublime Moonsault and various shots of his Gold Medal combined with much Red, White & Blue.
As with all of the WWE DVDs and broadcasts, it is in the 1.33:1 aspect ratio. The film clips are of various picture quality due to both intent or because of the mixture of footage that make them up.
The one Audio track is in Linear PCM. Being essentially CD audio, the sound is of excellent quality.
You can watch all 10 tracks as a 27:09 minute feature.
Alternatively you can watch the tracks randomly. Being only 10 tracks, you get a lot of repeats and doubleing-up.
Or you can program the order in which you would like to watch the tracks. The first person that can tell me the amount of different combinations one can have with this feature wins a no-prize.
WWE: The Videos Vol. 1 - Ramped Up is not a bad little collection of Titan-trons, however hopefully there will be more tracks on Vol. 2. Having said that, this DVD is reasonably priced.
"Dark Lord" Paul Lenkic
"Accept the Lord of Darkness as your saviour!" - The Undertaker