Last revision : 2001.07.04
Tune: WEBB (MIDI)
My Webb Site
- Stand up, stand up for Fremont, ye sickest of the sick!
Defend in tones vehement its honor and be quick
To say it's kept you sober and taught you all you kno-ow:
Exaggerate thrice over. The Big Book tells us so!
- Stand up for all four Fremonts, Jurassic, old and new!
We're mostly staying sober just like they used to do
Between and during meetings, those pebbles, stones and bri-icks
Composing our foundation, and proud to still be sick!
- Stand up, stand up for Fremont, the ER of AA,
And Western State's north dayroom, where loons and winos play
As dope fiends wax poetic above the background ro-oar,
And we stay clean and sob'r, as we've never done before.
- Stand up for Ralph and hootowls, for sponsors, Steps and God*!
* God: as we more or less
fondly referred to the late
We're following the path our old-timers' feet have trod.
The good news--a solution. The bad news--this is it!
If your ass falls off, keep comin'; we'll teach you how to sit!
- Stand up, stand up for Fremont, for Joseph and Chuck A,
For fellowship and cusswords day after sober day.
For growth and change and quiet another group may do,
But for life, we go to Fremont--the Big Book tells us to!
- Stand up for smoke, the First Step, and endless drunkalogue,
For coffee, sideline bullshit, and Boxcar's sober dog.
We pour the tough love, lave it o'er new girls and new boy-oys
And Harleys are our fav'rite till-death-part sober toys.
- Stand up, stand up for Fremont! Don't drink, you won't get drunk!
Outsit the fuckin' assholes! Don't think, you won't get thunk!
From Greenlake unto Hilltop our reputation's lo-ow--
Yet Fremont's where they got it--the Big Book tells us so!
© 1996-2000 Leland R.