- NEWS! March 15th saw the release of the latest issue of Italian film magazine, NOCUTRNO CINEMA, which in English is something like "The Dark Side of Cinema". What makes this issue so interesting is that it has a big Bruceploitation feature. The magazine is printed in Italian making it difficult to read, but there are always pictures. One of the authors, Paolo Gilli, contacted me about using some of the images from the site in the magazine. After sending him some scans he promised to send me a copy of the magazine and I'll give it a small (only because I can't read it) write up when I receive it. If you are interested take a look at the NOCTURNO website and their MySpace page.
- Oh yes, another update! Added a review for Karate Island.
- Added a few new scans to the 8X10 page.
- All I actually did was add some screen caps to my review of Ninja Champion "starring" Dragon Lee. It's about as much of a update you're gonna get right now.
- Not much of an update here. What originally was going to be a DVD review of THE NEW GAME OF DEATH from IVL turned into something else. Check it out as it's all I got.
- Update? Don't mind if I do. I've had this sitting on my computer since last spring, but never got the ambition to actually upload. I figured I had better do something to keep up with out blistering pace of two updates per year. After this I have only one more update to do. Anyway, here is the review of Kung Faux's MiNi Lee you've all been clamoring for. Enjoy it.
- Hello? Hello, is anyone here? Yeah, so it's been a little bit since the last update and I decided I should actually do something myself instead of posting reviews from other people. I've put in a hard days work to bring you a movie review for FIST OF DEATH, so enjoy! Hopefully, they'll be more reviews and stuff to come!
- YES, we are actually updating the site, this is not a drill! Last update was in August and we had planned on doing an update October 1st (2005), but that pretty much fell through, so here we are March 5, 2006 and we finally manage to do something!
- We've got two DVDs reviews, one for Mondo Macabro's Challenge of the Tiger, and the other for Sterling Entertainment's Path of the Dragon. Also, Joseph Kuby has sent me a ton of reviews and I've gotten around to posting the first of them, Goodbye Bruce Lee: His Last Game of Death, Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth, and Dragon The Master.
- While I was at Wal-Mart the other day I picked up the Brucey t-shirt that doesn't look quite as tacky as you'd expect. It was brown with an offset image of a martial artist (obviously Bruce Lee!!) with a dragon behind and the slogan "DRAGON FORCE" on it. It's not as quite as bad as it sounds. Here is a crappy image of the shirt. Anyway, it was only $8.96 (Canadian!) and the ladies love it.
After his death Bruce Lee is still credited with making around a dozen movies. Unused footage, interviews and footage from previous movies were used in new movies and kung fu-mentries. Even worse, actors like Bruce Li and Bruce Le changed their names to sound like Lee's. This page is dedicated to the movies and actors who cashed in (or at least tried to) on Bruce Lee's good name following his death. Most of these movies have bad martial arts and even worse acting. These movies are watched just for the pure cheesiness of them. I've heard imitation is the highest form of flattery...uhh I had a witty line here, but forgot what it was. I guess there doesn't really need one. Wait, that was it!
Just click on an "actor" below to get some info and a selected filmography. I will be adding information on various movies as I watch them. Watching these movies can be quite difficult, so I can only take small doses of them.
I would appreciate any feedback on the site whether it be bad or good. Also if I messed up on the information or whatever. If anybody would like to send in reviews or someting of the sort, that would great. Thanks and enjoy.
And when you get bored of this site and you will check out some links to sites that are much better than mine.
The bulk of Bruceploitation can mainly be attributed to two guys, Bruce Li and Bruce Le. Now they also had a little help from Dragon Lee. Others like Bruce Liang, Corey Yuen Kwai, Sammo Hung, and Jackie Chan all kicked in their fair share. Here is a alphabetical listing of all movie reviews or look by category below.
BIOS & DOCS
This page half-assed made by Keith