Quick Reference Section ...
What is HTML? Where to get great graphics? How to stop that darn icon from blinking? Welcome to the world of website building!
This is the first website I've ever made and in the process I've come across some useful references that might be helpful to other newbie web-makers! I'll be adding more as I learn or find more helpful sites! Anything marked is a tip or time saver that I've learned and want to pass along. ^_^
- What is HTML? HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language and it's what we used to make webpages like this one! Basically, it consists of a set of codes that are inserted into a document to control the way the document is displayed by a web browser.
- HTML isn't a difficult language. It is very powerful and fairly versatile. HTML has a set of protocols which you'll need to learn and follow in order to make great webpages!
- Is your new website on Geocities? I've found it easier to start each page with the "Basic" Editor which will give a general outline for the page. Then I go back with the "Advanced" Editor for further edits.
- Don't like those solid backgrounds? Change BGCOLOR="#colorcode" to BACKGROUND="name_of_file.jpg"
- Remember to CUT and PASTE! Even the world's best typist sometimes make a misteak. =^_^= And trouble-shooting through long codes is a real P.I.T.A.!
- Have you been surfing the net and love someone's color scheme or webpage format? Check their SOURCE CODE ... and again use cut and paste. But remember ... don't take any images, background designs, or layout graphics without permission. Many webmasters and webmistresses will allow some graphics to be shared so long as you ask first and then give them credit on your page!
- SAVE, SAVE, SAVE! =^_^= I can't stress this enough. You never know when your server will decide to go on vacation and forget all your beautiful work. Yikes! So save yourself alot of headaches and SAVE!
- Sometimes asking for advice is best! If you get stuck ask someone ... there are plenty of sites out there that offer advice (like this one) and many people are kind enough to give you tips when you need them most.
Here are some links to various pages that I've used in understanding HTML and/or setting up the graphics for this website!
- A very basic guide to HTML may be found at Athens2090.
- A more complete guide that includes a zip file for the Windows HMTL Helpfile is located at Heartland9530.
- If you're looking for separators, backgrounds, GIF's, etc., go to Lauren's House of GIF's. That's where I got some of my separators.
- Like the cool backgrounds I'm using at this site? Visit Design Originals.
- Looking for Sailor Moon or other senshi pics? There are so many great sites out there I wouldn't have the room to list them! I've included links near any downloaded pics so if you see a pic you like go visit the site! Or if it's a pic I've scanned in, ask me! ^_^
Back to Sailor Pluto's Haven
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page