La Paz, Bolivia (3510 m)
CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT THE GAMEAugust 2nd, 2001
Between the 7th and 14th of July of 2001, a climb to the summit of Mount Sajama to play a soccer game will be carried out. The plateau on the summit of this unique mountain (the highest in Bolivia) has the size of a full soccer field. More than 100 mountain climbers and amateurs will climb in 3 days, with the help of experienced guides of the Club Andino Boliviano.
Three campsites will be set up: 1 base camp, 1 intermediate camp and 1 high camp. An advance group will install the necessary facilities for the success of this event: tents, field preparation, goals, flags etc.
The physical condition of the players will be evaluated by the High Altitude Pathology Institute IPPA Clinic.
Participation and assistance of international mountaineers is expected. Prof. Dr. Shigeru Masuyama representative of the Japanese Alpine Club (JAC) is already in La Paz.
1) CLUB ANDINO BOLIVIANO (CAB)
2) INSTITUTO DE PATOLOGIA EN LA ALTURA, CLINICA IPPA
3) INSTITUTO GEOGRAFICO MILITAR, CLUB INSGEOMIL
1) To show that with good physical and mental
conditions, it is possible to play in any part of the world.
2) Club Andino Boliviano (CAB), will celebrate its 62th anniversary, and as always is looking for new ideas and challenges in order to improve the quality of sport activities in the country.
3) CAB contributes and supports medical and scientific studies about life and adaptation to high altitude.
4) The CAB promotes pleasant and safe tourism in the wonderful and unique mountains of the Bolivian Andes.
CLUB ANDINO BOLIVIANO
Carlos Aguilar Prieto Antonio Portugal A. Mario Miranda O.
Presidente Presidente del Gran Consejo Secretario
DE PATOLOGIA EN LA ALTURA CLINICA IPPA
Prof. Dr. Gustavo Zubieta Castillo Dr. Gustavo Zubieta Calleja
Director Comite Científico
CLUB INSGEOMIL* INSTITUTO GEOGRAFICO
Cnl. DAEN Fernando Salazar Guzman Cnl. DAEN Raúl Virreyra Montero
CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT THE GAME